The simplest form of explanation I can tell you is, screen printing is the process of pushing ink through a silk-screen stencil and onto a substrate.
As easy as that sounds, screen-printing actually takes an extensive amount of preparation before even the first shirt is ever printed. The good news is that once we get started, printing the next shirt and the one after that get's faster during print runs!
This in return, allows us to pass on that savings in forms of price breaks that lower the cost of each shirt.
Screen Printing FAQs
Screen-printing is based on 3 variables:
- Type of Garment used for your order - Our product catalog offers a wide variety of budget-friendly options like BASIC Cotton tee to popular options like Tri-blend and Ring-Spun.
- The number of colours in your design - Screen printed orders take into account the number of print locations AND the number of colors per location (Ex. 1 Color Left-Chest, 3 Color Full Back)
- Quantity - Ordering more of the same design allows you to take advantage of price breaks and pay less per unit.
This is where screen-printing is KING! other printing methods (Digital Printing, Heat Transfer Vinyl) simply can't beat screen-printing prices when ordering huge amounts.
All of which, affects the pricing for your screen printed apparel.
Should you have any questions, feel free to reach out and Contact US
We accept different kinds of artwork
However, we would like to receive VECTOR-BASED graphics.
If you used one of these softwares to create your artwork CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, Illustrator CS, chances are, it's something we can easily work with.
- .cdr (CorelDraw)
- .ai (Adobe Illustrator)
If you can't manage that, feel free to try sending us files in the following formats (in a high a resolution as possible. We require a minimum of 300 dpi).
- .psd (Adobe Photoshop CS)
- .pdf (Adobe Acrobat)
- .tiff (especially if it's a one colour design)
In a worst-case scenario, you can send us a screenshot, or a photo of something that you found on a website. The quality of these file types are usually really poor and and not advisable to be used for printing. You might want to expect some artwork charges as we love to make you look your best!
Picture this, you took a photo of a design/logo inspiration you saw on the internet and you revisit that photo and tried zooming in to inspect its details and all you see are pixels.
When we use that same graphic to print your designs, you will end up seeing a bunch of squares. Just like that 8-bit Mario game you had on your PS1.
If possible, please supply Pantone numbers for the ink colours.
You have a few options:
Email - You may send your graphic files to firstname.lastname@example.org
Order Forms - You may attach your files in our online "Order forms"
*Before you send your Artwork, kindly please make sure they are in the correct file format*
For more info: Read our "What types of Artwork do you accept?" Section.
Feel free to call us at +1 778 858 9927 before you place an order. We're always happy to assist you in finding the perfect size and item to print on.
Credit Cards & Debit
VectorPrints accepts VISA and MASTERCARD. For your protection, we screen all credit cards for potential fraud. Kindly please check your billing and shipping information to avoid delays.
VectorPrints accepts cheques from organizations, schools, and businesses. Please call 778 858 9927 and we'll be happy to assist you.
Cheques MUST clear prior to production. Please keep that in mind to avoid delays in case you wish to pay via cheque.
Here's what you can expect after submitting your request from the Quote Calculator:
- Place Order/Wait for confirmation - After reviewing your request form, our sales representatives will place your order and send you a confirmation number along with a link to request your artwork. (Please Review our accepted artwork files before sending your files.)
- High Quality Mock-up - Once we receive your artwork and other order specific information our design team then proceeds to drafting a high-quality mock-up. When finished, we will send you the mock-up so you can make revisions or make a payment to approve your mock-up.
- Payment - We accept many different types of payment methods including, credit card, invoicing, interac e-transfer or check. Once payment is complete, we then order the supplies needed for your project and start production!
Note: Checks MUST clear the bank before we start production.
- Production Begins - Nothing for you to worry about! As Screen-Printers, this is where we have the most fun! (Production/Printing usually takes 10 business days, Rush Options are available)
- Order Complete - We will ship your order to your location. Basic delivery options are offered Free of Charge for orders over $300.